#1 – Theory
This first chapter will cover a lot of background theories so set the path for our Astro-Tutorial. Some of those things might be tricky, but it’s wise to know them in beforehand.
We will cover topics like:
- Objects in the sky
- A first orientation in the night sky
- Technical terms like Focal length and aperture
- Mount types and star tracking
- … and much more.
Everything you need to know to get started in astronomy/ astrophotography.
#2 – The Hardware
In this chapter we will disassemble an entire astrophotography rig end examine every part. Before you buy a scope you should consider different aspects:
- What scope will suit your needs best? Refractor/Reflector?
- Thereby what is the best telescope mount for you?
- What guidescope will fit your desired focal length?
- USB connection or telescope handheld? What works fine for your purpose?
There is a lot to consider, so lets go!