This is the new website of catchingphotons. It aims to be an extension of the Youtube channel #catchingphotons and thus will provide
- additional information
- a personal astro-related blog
- helpful or funny DIY projects
- info and reviews about hardware I own
- instructions for useful software you need
- and a collection of Messiere objects I captured till now!
I hope you find this collection of information helpfull or entertaining and it will help or support you on your journey through this amazing hobby of astronomy/ astrophotography.
- First light with my EQ6-R Pro and the Canon EOS 700DaWhy is a good mount important? – 23.06.2020 Hey folks, so finally everything arrived. My old rig was quite overwhelmed with my ambitions and had to be replaced. Why so? – First reason was the old mount. The mount is undoubtedly the […]
- Venus & the impact of seeing30.12.2019 – 23.04.2020 New aspect:Visualize the impact of seeing while taking images of Venus. Image acquisition & processing:I took three different images of Venus during the recent few months. All of the images were taken with the exact same hardware and setting […]
- #23: M51 „Whirlpool Galaxy“ – first time auto-guiding& „It’s too much!“ – beginning backlash-errors or the EQ3 -Pro 29.04.2019 – 04.05.2019 New aspects: – first time with an auto-guiding system– Guiding shows first signs of overcapacity– revisited a target for noise reduction– first „proper“ galaxy– longest project so far […]
- #22: Autoguiding – Failures and wasted time31.03.2019 New aspect: Trying autoguiding for the first time Guiding basics: During the last sessions I slowly build up the dream of autoguiding my images. There are many advantages of having a guidecam with a guidescope attached to your main scope. The […]
- #21: Crab nebula with short exposures & failed polar alignment with M8125.05.2019 New aspect #1: Failed polar alignment issues New aspect #2: Capturing an object with high ISO and low exposure time Image acquisition: M81: On this night I originally wanted to capture more data on M81 and M82 to increase the quality […]